in girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni
A fire of unknown origin took my baby away.
Fire of unknown origin took my baby away.
Swept her up and off my wavelength.
Swallowed her up like the ocean in a fire thick and gray.
Death comes sweeping thru the hallway like a ladies’ dress.
Death comes riding down the hallway in it’s sunday best.
Death comes driving; death comes creeping;
Death comes I can’t do nothing.
Death goes, there must be something that remains.
Death, it made me sick and crazy
‘Cause that fire took my baby away.
–Patti Smith – Fire Of Unknown Origin
we turn in the night
and are consumed by fire
Read more "Quote Patti Smith fire"
We promote research, innovation and knowledge transfer. Our association regards itself as an interdisciplinary network of futurists, artists, scientists and social entrepreneurs.
The Garden Of Delights – The Garden Without Humans
G.O.D. by Maite Cajaraville (2010) based on the
Garden Of Earthly Delights by Hieronymous Bosch (1500).
A world view inspired by the high biodiversity in Chenobyl, an unexpected haven for wildlife.
click for video: Ad Vitam Aut Culpam | #worldwithouthumans
An ever evolving atlas
for the constantly changing world
and the continuously repeating cycle of
generation, operation, destruction
- Create an interactive atlas for the world using state-of-the-art technologies such as AR, VR and data-driven overlays. Introduce the invisible as the new visible. Establish an open platform for monitoring, experiencing and communicating environmental data as meaningful information.
- Accept the challenge and employ a new world map that includes 100% of life on earth. The Dymaxion map, our grand inspiration, can not do that as it splits the oceans, which cover 70% of earth.
- An estimated 50-80% of all life on earth is found under the ocean surface and the oceans contain 99% of the living space on the planet. Less than 10% of that space has been explored by humans. 85% of the area and 90% of the volume constitute the dark, cold environment we call the deep sea. The average depth of the ocean is 3,795 m. The average height of the land is 840 m. [https://marinebio.org/creatures/facts/]
- Scientists estimate that 91 percent of ocean species have yet to be classified.
- Atlas, the Titan, received the task to hold up the celestial heavens for eternity. Invisible Earth shall therefore be a cosmology revealing the interconnectedness of living systems.
Read more "A NEW WORLD ATLAS"
The Open Home Project was founded overnight in Berlin, Germany on March 15, 2011 as an immediate response to the earthquake and arising nuclear disaster in Japan.
Read more "Quote open home"
“One thing that I’m really curious about though is how does this stuff get made? How did somebody get the money for all that equipment and the room etc. That room is in Omotesando which is one of the most expensive places in Tokyo. It seems like it would be really fun to contribute to something like that or maybe even to do it. Kind of like making some of the small things you’d see at a rave but that particular exhibit easily cost $50k to $100k in equipment alone. That doesn’t include labor, rent of the place that designed/built it, paying people to move it and set it up etc and of course the cost of the space itself. There were at least 3 people on staff to answer questions and the exhibit is free.”
The answer is: Read more "QUOTE R111"
dedication beyond the threshold of pain and disregard of quantites
as the loss of self is the only pain
“Know that the whole world is a mirror,
in each atom are found a hundred blazing suns.
If you split the center of a single drop of water,
a hundred pure oceans spring forth.
If you examine each particle of dust,
a thousand Adams can be seen.
A universe lies hidden in a grain of millet.
everything is brought together at the point of the present.
From each point along that circle thousands of forms are drawn.
Each point, as it revolves in a circle,
is at times a circle, at others a turning circumference.”
–Mahmoūd Shabestarī (1288–1340) Read more "Quote Mahmoūd Shabestarī"